Okanagan College, Salmon Arm Campus
Department of Geography and Earth & Environmental Science
Continuing, full-time professor in Geographic Information Science
The Department of Geography and Earth & Environmental Science at Okanagan College is seeking to fill a full-time continuing position based in Salmon Arm, British Columbia. The successful candidate will have experience in Geographic Information Science and Remote Sensing, an excellent teaching record, interest in program development, and an engaging research program. Okanagan College is a SSHRC and NSERC eligible institution. The position is a teaching intense position, with the opportunity for research release. PhD preferred; a Master’s degree in Geography or related field required. Salary and working conditions are governed by the Okanagan College Faculty Association Collective Agreement. Placement on the salary scale is dependent upon qualifications and experience. As a learner-centred institution, Okanagan College is committed to providing excellence in teaching and learning. For more information about the mission of Okanagan College, please visit our website at www.okanagan.bc.ca.
The successful candidate must be able to teach the following courses:
1. EESC 101 Environmental Science
2. At least one of the following: EESC 111 Earth and Environmental Science, GEOG 111 Introduction to Physical Geography: Climate & Vegetation, or GEOG121 Introduction to Physical Geography: Water & Landscapes
3. GEOG 210 Introduction to Environmental Issues
4. GEOG 270 Geographic Data Analysis
5. GEOG 272 Introduction to Cartography, GIS and Remote Sensing
6. A remote sensing course at the 200 or 300-level
7. At least one more GEOG or EESC course at the 200-level
Application review will begin on 09 July 2013.
Anticipated start date is August 2014 or earlier.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents to the online employment site (www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca/applicants/Central?quickFind=52109):
1. Letter of application
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Evidence of teaching excellence and a statement of teaching philosophy
4. Statement of research interests
5. A copy of an academic publication
6. Contact information of three references
For inquiries of an academic nature, please contact Arthur (Gill) Green, Department Chair, Geography and Earth & Environmental Science at firstname.lastname@example.org